Pages

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Chicken Cutlets

Hi There,
This past Friday I cooked chicken cutlets.  My family likes them the easy, simple way, which a restaurant would call Chicken Milanese (my family is from the Milan area of Italy).  Milanese is anything that is cooked with a lemon/garlic sauce.  Very simple ingredients, very simple flavors, but oh so yummy. 
Today I had left over chicken cutlets.  I wanted to have them for dinner, but how should I serve them?  I didn't want to eat them the same way we ate them on Friday.  So I looked around the fridge and pulled out a container of fresh baby spinach, half of a hunk of fresh mozzarella and a tomato.  What could I do with these for a simple, clean dinner.  Here is what I decided:

I took the spinach and sauteed it for about 2 minutes in a bit of olive oil and 2 cloves of garlic.  I put the cutlets in a baking dish, and places a small amount of the mozz on top of each cutlet.  I cut up the tomato into chucks and added that too.  Then the spinach, garlic and all the juice over the top of everything.  I sprinkled a bit of chicken broth in the pan and placed it in the oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. 


This is such and easy meal and it was soooo good!!.  You could even buy already cooked chicken cutlets at the local meat market.  You will have an "almost homemade" dinner that will taste like you were in the kitchen for hours. 

Enjoy!!
Love,
Beth

1 comment: