Pages

Monday, February 3, 2014

Casserole for a snow day........

Today is another snowy day in New England.  I'm stuck at home and because I really didn't expect this snowstorm, there's not much in the fridge to cook.  So looked in the pantry to see what I could throw together.  Then I remembered this casserole.  It's fun and really tastes great!!

Beanie Wienie Casserole

8 beef hotdogs, sliced
1 cup chopped onions
2 Tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1/2 Tablespoon allspice
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
16 oz baked beans
1/4 cup ketchup
1/4 cup brown sugar
12 oz shredded cheese - American or Cheddar
1/2 lb cooked and drained elbow macaroni

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Put butter, chopped onion and sliced hot dogs in a saute pan and cooked until hot dogs are browned.  Set aside.
In a bowl put beans, mustard, allspice, pepper, ketchup, brown sugar and mix.  Fold in cheese (I use a combination of both kinds of cheese) and macaroni.  Add hotdog/onion mixture.
Put mixture into a casserole dish and bake for 30 minutes until bubbly.

I have a picture of this casserole to post but for some reason it won't upload.  So I'll post it at a later date when my computer stops acting up!!

Enjoy!!!!
Love,
Beth







2 comments:

  1. Yes!!! Shelly shared it with me after she had brought it to Pam's once. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete