My friend posted a link to this list of helpful hints. I think they're great so I wanted to share. I hope they're helpful to you as well:
1. Take your bananas apart when you get them home. They ripen faster when connected.
2. Cheese stays fresher and won't get moldy if you store it in aluminum foil.
3. Peppers with three bumps on the bottom are sweeter, four bumps are firmer.
4. To make an omelet rich add a spoonful of sour cream.
5. Add garlic immediately to a recipe if you want a light garlic flavor. Add it at the end for a stronger flavor.
6. Put a can of store bought frosting in the mixer and whip for a couple of minutes. It can double in size and you'll eat less sugar. Add a teaspoon of vanilla and it will taste more homemade.
7. Put a dryer sheet in your pocket and mosquitoes won't bother you.
8. To get rid of fruit flies, take a small glass and fill it half way with apple cider vinegar. Add two drops of dishwashing liquid. Mix well. Leave on counter and flies will be gone.
Hope these help.